I am currently taking a photography class at my school and I can say that my photograph skills have gotten a lot better. I’ve gained quite a lot of knowledge through taking the class and am still in the process of learning and getting better. Here are just a few tips that I’ve learned:
- Shoot in Manual mode (which is the M on the dial)
- Shoot in RAW for higher quality photos
- Understand how ISO, aperture, and shutter speed works
- Know what ISO, aperture, and shutter speed you are shooting in
- Know when to use certain ISO, aperture, and shutter speed settings
- Be aware of the composition of the photo
- When shooting photos of people, make sure nothing is sticking out from the top of their head from the background (in some of the photos below I forgot to take that into consideration so there might be some pictures with things sticking out from my boyfriend’s head lol)
- Take a notebook with you when you go out to shoot!
This isn’t everything I’ve learned, but I just wanted to share a few tips just for fun!
This week’s assignment in my class was about portrait photography. I am lucky enough to have such an awesome boyfriend who agreed to be my subject for my portraiture assignment. Saturday afternoon we went out to SF, walked down Market street, and explored the some of the streets around that area. It was such a perfect day to go out and shoot because it was so nice out and the lighting was on point! Here are a few of the photos that I took: